Friday, 22 June 2012
Teen mothers. So much hate and mixed emotions towards them.
So I was watching Family Guy and it was when Stewie went to Day Care (I know, nothing to do with teen mommahs) and I just thought, "Hey, why does society condemn teenage girls because they're pregnant? I mean come on? They're gonna be mothers anyway, so what's wrong with starting early?
Yeah, I know, they rushed into things, they must suffer for their consequences, and they don't know what they're getting themselves into, oh and how society keeps saying they can't do it on their own. But what if you're wrong? What if they can do it? I believe they can.
What would you do if it was your daughter? Or if it was your son and his girlfriend was pregnant? There's nothing you can do if they decide to keep the baby. Of course you'll be afraid, because your kids are no longer virgins anymore and that is frightening. But that doesn't mean you should judge them and condemn them, and say they made a 'mistake'. A child is not a mistake.
If they know what they did was wrong and that they should've waited until they were actually ready then just support them. Don't bare your teeth and look the other way and act as if they're not your kids. Give them a hand and guide them towards being a great parent for their child. Who knows, maybe they'll return the favor and do something nice for you.
Don't judge teenage girls because they're pregnant. Don't condemn them and think they cant do it. Chances are they can. And it's good to start at a young age so they know what to do if they decide to expand their family. Just, leave them be.
Teen mommahs: RESPECT.
Peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment